- SUMMARY: the CloudFactor platform has been enhanced to improve performance especially related to the load time for the SFDC Contact application.
- TO CONFIGURE: not applicable, this feature is available by default.
- TO USE: the time it takes to show Salesforce.com Sales information such as Contact, Account, and Opportunity details in the SFDC Contact app should be reduced noticeably.
Record Type Support added for Create XXX Apps
- SUMMARY: CloudFactor now allows administrators to add Record Type fields to Create XXX apps so users can select the record type that a new record will be created as.
- TO CONFIGURE: in the CloudFactor console the Administrator user is able to configure Application page layouts for Create Account, Create Case, Create Contact, Create Lead, and Create Opportunity apps and include the Record Type field. To do that:
- Click the Applications tab.
- In the list of applications click the green gear next to one of the Create XXX apps e.g. Create Account, Create Case, Create Contact, Create Lead, and Create Opportunity apps to open the app layout configuration page.
- Find the Record Type field in the Available Fields list and move it to the Selected Fields list.
- Save the changes.
- TO USE: when creating records via CloudFactor Create XXX apps where the administrator has included the Record Type field, the users will be able to use a picklist to select the appropriate record type to create the record as.
- KNOWN ISSUES: changing the record type value will not change the Create XXX app layout, and will not change the values in picklist fields.
Lookup Dialogs can be Filtered
- SUMMARY: lookup controls can now be filtered by fields on the same object e.g. the Account lookup could be filtered to show only records where the Type = Customer.
- TO CONFIGURE: in the CloudFactor console the Administrator user is able to configure filters for lookup controls. To do that:
- Click the Applications tab.
- Select the Lookup Dialogs page on the left-hand navigation and click the object for which you want to configure the lookup control.
- In the Filter By fields select the field name, operator, and enter the value to use in the filter.
- TO USE: lookup functionality for end-users remains the same, the only difference is that only some values may be accessible in the lookup e.g. only those records matching the Filter By criteria.
|Issue Number||Component||Issue Name|
|I-20500||SFDC/GMail Chatter Sidebar Gadget||CloudFactor Chatter Email Gadget – name reverts to plain text|
|I-23106||General||CloudFactor contact dialog has insecure content on Chrome|
|I-23812||Developer||Can’t edit custom app and save successfully without changing app name|
|I-23813||Developer||Developer email app picklist isn’t sorted correctly – new app always appears at botto|
|I-23882||General||Error on CloudFactor Lookup Dialog save button|
|I-23888||Developer||Unable to save matcher function error|
|I-23924||SFDC/GMail Chatter Gadget||Unable to go back to the beginning of a sentence to tag someone.|
|I-24353||Standard Apps||Google Chrome : linkedIn app is not being loaded|