Infographic: 5 Ways to Empower Your Customers with Intelligent Self-Service

September 3, 2015 Appirio

SelfServiceCustomers expect companies to provide online self-service and actually prefer to self-serve when they can. Consider the importance of this when the average cost of self-service is 120 times lower than phone-based support and 170 times lower than with email.

But, while self-service is preferred, it’s not the support channel with the highest customer satisfaction. Research from Forrester found that customer satisfaction ratings for self-service sites lag behind (the more expensive) phone and email support. The reason?  Most self-service sites suffer from poor usability. This results in 75 percent of customers escalating to more expensive channels, and the remaining 25 percent simply giving up — or worse — moving to the competition.

Luckily, creating powerful self-service sites and communities with rich, relevant content is not that difficult.  In the infographic below, we illustrate 5 ways you can use intelligent search to solve the common causes of dissatisfaction, so you can deliver the self-service experience your customers expect.

Check out the infographic, and if you’ll be at Dreamforce ’15, add Intelligent Search: Self-Service Experiences that Triple Deflection Rates to your agenda so you can hear how Salesforce has improved CSAT and self-service resolution rates using Coveo.

Previous Article
Dreamforce 2015 Predictions
Dreamforce 2015 Predictions

This doesn’t feel like the same old Dreamforce, does it? First of all, the week is shifted over (it was alw...

Next Article
Extend the Salesforce Platform with Dell Boomi
Extend the Salesforce Platform with Dell Boomi

Dreamforce is a mecca for Salesforce users and developers from around the world. That’s especially true for...