Ask anyone in the Salesforce ecosystem and they’ll tell you that Marketing Cloud puts the “C” in CRM. With customers at its core, Marketing Cloud is exactly the platform companies need to continuously innovate and optimize the customer journey. But even a great CRM platform isn’t enough to cultivate an exceptional Customer Experience; it takes happy workers to create happy customers. And unfortunately, fewer than one-third of workers feel engaged at work. So while you may already know the merits of Marketing Cloud for customers, do you know what it can do to transform your Worker Experience?
A seamless, dynamic onboarding experience
Vying for top talent has become increasingly difficult for companies, which means HR executives need to have more than unique, timely messaging to sway candidates. Marketing Cloud comes to bat for recruiters by leveraging these activities:
- Allow candidates to choose their preferred communication channels. By enabling candidates to choose between email, SMS, social, and mobile push, you’re more likely to keep them interested in the process.
- Gain immediate insight into recruitment communication performance. With Marketing Cloud, you have the ability to analyze and adjust your message in real time to support the changing market.
- Automate the recruitment journey by using drip campaigns that target candidates’ interests and interactions.
In addition to enabling recruiters to craft and share highly specific messaging with candidates and automate processes, Marketing Cloud also provides a smart platform for HR to strategize key elements of an “onboarding engine,” such as:
- Target employees by role. Traditionally, onboarding has been a one-size-fits-all (albeit poorly) process. Marketing Cloud enables role-specific communications to help new hires become familiar with their role, the org chart, and their team.
- Automate the onboarding welcome series. Through Marketing Cloud’s Journey Builder, HR professionals can craft the welcome email series with all important onboarding activity links included.
The smart automation doesn’t end with the messaging functionality itself; Marketing Cloud has the ability to measure engagement through messaging analytics, so your HR department can spend less time managing communications and turn their energies to the individual, more pertinent needs of new and current employees.
Keep engagement going, even after weeks or years on the job
After the honeymoon is over, employees still need to know that they matter, that they’re supported, recognized, and important to their organization. It’s easy for enthusiasm to wane over the course of an employee lifecycle, especially if only sporadic, scripted methods of communication are used to engage employees over time. Marketing Cloud ensures continuous engagement by using regular touchpoints and job-specific communications such as:
- Triggered communications that recognize special occasions like birthdays and work anniversaries. Marketing Cloud’s data integration capabilities even make it possible for these messages to integrate tangible recognitions like employee rewards.
- Continuing to ask for feedback by regularly checking in with employees about their Worker Experience.
- Sharing new programs through emails and microsites in order to get teams excited about their role and the company at large.
- Making mission-critical communications measurable by acknowledging and understanding how many people have opened (or not opened) emails and whether those emails’ calls-to-action were taken.
Workers are the backbone of your entire organization. Without the continuous pursuit of their happiness and engagement at work, everything else suffers — including your Customer Experience. Learn more about what it takes to develop a Worker Experience platform from our ebook, Building the Worker Experience.