Recent Industry Accolades from Notable Organizations Showcase Company’s Market Leadership
San Mateo, Calif. – May 3, 2011 – Appirio, a cloud solution provider, continues to be recognized for its market leadership in cloud computing and its strong rapport with customers, partners and employees. In 2011 thus far, Appirio has earned recognition from organizations such as Computerworld, Gartner and SIIA on a variety of fronts. These include Appirio’s impact on customer engagements, its executive leadership and strong company culture, as well as the company’s integration technology and new cloud developer community.
“The benefits of cloud technology are becoming widely documented and we’ve been fortunate enough to work with the best customers, partners and employees in the industry,” said Chris Barbin, CEO of Appirio. “We’re encouraged by the continued recognition of not just Appirio’s technology, but also for our commitment to being a different type of service provider in the cloud world.”
Appirio’s recent recognitions include:
- The San Francisco Business Times’ Best Places to Work: Appirio was named a “Best Place to Work” in the Bay Area for the second year in a row.
- Computerworld Honors Program: Appirio’s customer, RehabCare, was named a Laureate for the innovative ways they’re using cloud and mobile technologies to transform a business and the healthcare industry.
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards Program: Appirio’s CEO, Chris Barbin, was named a semifinalist in Northern California for demonstrating excellence and extraordinary success in areas such as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to businesses and communities.
- CODiE Awards: Appirio’s new cloud service broker technology, CloudWorks, was recognized as a finalist in the Best Integration Solutions category.
- Gartner Cool Vendor: Appirio was again named a “Cool Vendor” by Gartner, this time in the Application Development space for its work with CloudSpokes, a new crowdsourcing community for cloud development founded by Appirio.
- OnDemand 100 Top Private Companies: Appirio was named by AlwaysOn to their OnDemand 100 List for the second year in a row.
Appirio (www.appirio.com) is a cloud solution provider that offers technology and professional services to help enterprises accelerate their adoption of public cloud applications and platforms. Appirio’s innovation and expertise has been recognized by BusinessWeek as one of America’s Most Promising Startups and by AlwaysOn as 2010 On-Demand Company of the Year. Appirio has helped more than 200 leading enterprises implement, build and manage mission critical cloud solutions using salesforce.com, Google, Workday and Amazon. We are proud to serve a wide range of customers such as Avago, the City of Los Angeles, Diversey, Dunkin Brands, Flextronics, Japan Post Network, Ltd., IMS Health, Motorola, Qualcomm, RehabCare, Safety Kleen, Starbucks and VMware. Founded in 2006, Appirio has offices in the U.S. and Japan, and is backed by Sequoia Capital and GGV Capital.