New Software-as-a-Service from Appirio Uses Amazon S3 Utility Storage To Cost-Effectively Extend Salesforce.com’s Storage Capabilities
SAN MATEO, CALIF. – April 7, 2008 – Appirio (www.appirio.com) today announced Appirio Cloud Storage for Salesforce.com, a new software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering that uses Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) to extend the capabilities of Salesforce.com. The new service lets Salesforce.com users store more documents and larger files directly through the Salesforce.com interface, giving companies a more comprehensive view of customer information in one place, without dramatically increasing storage costs or adding user complexity.
Appirio Cloud Storage for Salesforce.com can be purchased directly at www.appirio.com or via AppExchange. It is the latest in a series of products from Appirio that combine capabilities from today’s leading SaaS applications and cloud computing platforms to help customers lower operational costs, improve user productivity and get more return from their on-demand investments.
Facts and Features of Appirio Cloud Storage for Salesforce.com:
- Extends the native document size limitation in Salesforce.com from 5MB to 1GB, enabling companies to upload large, critical files such as customer support logs, software patches, videos, presentations and imaged contracts without requiring separate systems or custom-built FTP sites.
- Provides the ability to easily upload multiple documentsat once, saving time.
- Seamlessly integrates Amazon S3 and Salesforce.com, built to the same high levels of security and reliability required by Salesforce.com’s enterprise customers.
- Installs easily so Salesforce.com administrators can quickly turn on and start using the service.
- Works natively with the Salesforce.com Customer Portal, allowing Portal users to easily upload or download very large files to improve customer communication and speed service.
- Offers standard web-based pricing, ranging from $200 a month ($1,200/year) for up to 5GB to $4,000 a month ($30,000/year) for up to 250GB, giving customers a predictable and cost-effective model for storing documents in Salesforce.com that scales with their business.
Narinder Singh, Founder and Chief Marketing Officer at Appirio
“The next round of on-demand innovation will be fueled by those who can bring the power of cloud computing platforms to the customer. Solutions like Appirio’s Cloud Storage for Salesforce.com translate the abstract principles of these new paradigms into real benefits for customers.”
Jeffrey M. Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrategies Inc.,Founder of the SaaS Showplace
“Appirio’s new on-demand service reflects an emerging trend of ‘connecting the cloud’. By leveraging the storage capabilities of Amazon S3 in a business system and platform like salesforce.com, it provides a valuable solution for customers and blueprint for what the packaged integrations of the future will look like.”
Appirio (www.appirio.com) delivers products and professional services that help medium and large enterprises accelerate their adoption of on-demand solutions. As a Services 2.0 pioneer, Appirio has a proven track record of designing and implementing complex and mission-critical systems using Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions such as Salesforce.com and Google Enterprise. Areas of expertise include CIO and business strategy, customer service and support, Force.com development and Google Apps deployment and integration.