Cloud Provider’s Silver Lining Program Continues Philanthropic Efforts for the “Future of the Cloud”
San Mateo, Calif. – June 2, 2011 – Appirio, a cloud solution provider, today announced it would be among one of the top sponsors of The Concert for UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital being held in conjunction with Dreamforce 2011. Last year the UCSF benefit raised more than $3M to build a new home for what will be one of the country’s best children’s medical facilities when completed in 2014. The donation from Appirio’s Silver Lining Program is part of Appirio’s ongoing focus to use the company’s time, talent and technology for social good. The benefit concert will be held on Thursday, September 1, 2011 at Davies Symphony Hall in San Francisco.
Appirio’s Silver Lining Program was created in 2010 as a way to mobilize and support employees to make a measurable impact on the communities where they work and live. This year’s program focuses on the “Future of the Cloud,” supporting the youth who will be the next to guide and disrupt a new generation of business and IT. Aligning with Marc Benioff and the Salesforce.com Foundation by investing in the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital was a natural fit for the program.
Highlights from Appirio’s Silver Lining Program
- Since the program’s inception, Appirio employees have contributed almost 4,000 hours through individual and group community service events across the U.S. and Japan.
- Appirio and its employees have donated more than $200,000 in cash, product and technical services through the Silver Lining Program.
- Appirio’s Future of the Cloud community service day on April 8 brought together almost 170 employees across 30+ states helping more than 38 organizations.
- Appirio has become the trusted cloud advisor and partner for international nonprofits, including Architecture for Humanity and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Comments on the UCSF Sponsorship and Silver Lining Program
- “Salesforce has been an inspiration on how to weave philanthropy into the fabric of a company’s culture, matched only by the passion of our own employees to give back to their communities. As we planned for our presence at Dreamforce this year, making an investment in the UCSF benefit was an easy choice and we’re thrilled to be a part of it.” – Chris Barbin, CEO of Appirio
- “Appirio has been a partner of the Salesforce,com Foundation for years, supporting not only our organization but working directly with many of the nonprofits we serve.” – Suzanne DiBianca, Executive Director of Salesforce.com Foundation
- “The Appirio team has had a tremendous impact on our work to bring design, construction and development services to communities in need. Appirio’s technical guidance, the technology they’ve donated, and the hackathons they’ve staged on our behalf have helped us be more efficient with donations and have supported our field teams around the world.” – Molly Stack, Development Director, Architecture for Humanity
- Video from Appirio’s Future of the Cloud Community Service Day
- Photos on Appirio’s Silver Lining Facebook page
- Silver Lining website
Appirio (www.appirio.com) is a cloud solution provider that offers technology and professional services to help enterprises accelerate their adoption of public cloud applications and platforms. Appirio’s innovation and expertise has been recognized by BusinessWeek as one of America’s Most Promising Startups and by AlwaysOn as 2010 On-Demand Company of the Year. Appirio has helped more than 200 leading enterprises implement, build and manage mission critical cloud solutions using salesforce.com, Google, Workday and Amazon. We are proud to serve a wide range of customers such as Avago, the City of Los Angeles, Diversey, Dunkin Brands, Flextronics, Japan Post Network, Ltd., IMS Health, Motorola, Qualcomm, RehabCare, Safety Kleen, Starbucks and VMware. Founded in 2006, Appirio has offices in the U.S. and Japan, and is backed by Sequoia Capital and GGV Capital.