On Monday of this week Appirio Sr. Consultant and Salesforce MVP, Rhonda Ross, worked her magic by walking through the latest and greatest features of the Salesforce.com Spring ’13 release in a live webinar. For those who could not be in attendance, we are providing a quick recap of the major items that she covered, along with a video of the entire presentation for your viewing pleasure.
- Find in Group Feed – Users can now search for key words on the chatter group by clicking the magnifying glass icon, which will display a search text box. Posts and comments matching the search term are then displayed, with the matching term highlighted.
- Enhanced People – This new feature shows you the recently viewed list, allowing users to quickly navigate to find contact information, view someone’s feed, or find a file someone posted.
- Tasks – Now tasks created on the record detail page will appear in the users Chatter Feed and is automatically related to the record being viewed.
- Additional Enhancements – Users can now post or ask questions in any group as a non-group member, Email digests increased from 25 to 50 items, and users now have the ability to like or bookmark a post/comment by replying to a chatter notification email and simply typing “like” or “bookmark” in the body of the email reply.
- Salesforce Touch – Users can now access all standard and customs apps, not just the sales app. Also Chatter is no longer a requirement and additional objects such as cases, leads, person accounts, orders and products are now supported. Touch also allows users to view dashboards in the tab panel.
- Chatter for iOS 3.0 – There is now a refined user interface for Chatter on the iPhone, including a multidimensional publisher and performance enhancements.
- Chatter for Android 2.6 – Users can now launch the app from any chatter link or email notification, as well as share posts via email or other social apps. Additionally users can now “re-share” to followers and groups. There are also two new feeds, “Bookmarked” and “All Company”.
Sales Cloud Enhancements
- Forecasting Enhancements – Quarterly forecasts are now available and Partner Portal opportunities can be incorporated into forecasts.
- Salesforce for Outlook Side Panel – This feature lets you see up to 4 Salesforce contacts and leads from From, To, and CC fields in your users’ emails.
- Opportunity Sales Team Workflows
- Person Account Formulas
Service Cloud Enhancements
- Email Message Reporting – Email message object is now available in custom report types.
- Chatter Answers – This is now available in Developer Edition orgs allowing admins and developers to test.
- State and Country Picklist
- Controls for Sending Email – Admins now have the ability to set access of system generated emails. Newly created Sandboxes will default to System Email Only setting.
- Back Page Feature – Field history data will be deleted after 18 months
- Critical Updates – Allows you to control when a critical update will be enabled in your organization.